When: Saturday, April 25 10am to 5pm
Where: Duwamish CoHousing, West Seattle, 6000 17th Ave SW Seattle WA 98106
Questions: Contact Basha Osinski at 650-743-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$10 suggested donation; potluck lunch – please bring a dish to share
Common Space – Defining and Building Community
Communities are made of people, but the Common Space can play a strong role in bringing people together to build a community. Common space can be a place for meals, meetings, parties, entertainment and much more. At the Spring Gathering we will discuss some of the creative ways people in community use and design Common Space. Some suggestions:
1) Opening common space to neighbors – What are the Opportunities and Obstacles?
2) How can Community space be used for personal growth or healing – for individuals and for the collective community?
3) Does the concept of sacred space have a place in community space?
4) How do you make space for people to share different forms of expression
5) How does your community use common space in unusual ways which other communities might want to know about?
6) The value of meals as community building activities, and the use of Kitchens in community
7) What goes on the walls of your community space – How do your walls reflect your
8) How does maintenance/cleaning of community space get managed?
9) How do you use outdoor community space to further community goals?
10) How does community space support harmony in community meetings – how to encourage comfort, safety, consensus
11) Children in common space: what are their roles, restrictions, lack of restrictions, food, toys
12) How do you support the needs of the growing # of elders in community – how do you make community space accessible?
Hope to see you there!