Sharingwood Cohousing Community has graciously offered to host this year’s NICA Fall Gathering, with the theme, “Living in Community.”
- What: NICA Fall Gathering, focusing on “Living in Community”
- Date: Saturday, Nov 2, 2013
- Time: 10am to 5pm
- Where: Sharingwood Cohousing Community (22105 E Lost Lake Rd Snohomish, WA 98296, about 20 minutes east of Woodinville)
- Who: People interested in the intentional community lifestyle, both people from IC’s and those wanting to explore the many new directions of IC’s.
- Cost: Suggested donation of $10
- Food: Coffee, tea, and soup will be provided – please bring something to share for a potluck lunch
- More Information: Call Frances Parks, 206-390-5855
Join us as we explore some of the following questions:
- What is it like living in a community?
- What kinds of people do well in community?
- What are the qualities of a good communitarian?
- Why do community residents like living in community?
- What is the balance of privacy and community?
- What are the important annual events/celebrations in your community?
- What qualities are communities looking for in new members?
- How does a community transfer its vision, history, and culture to new members?
- If you live in a community, how did you discover it?
- If you live in a community, what was your entry process like?
MAP AND DIRECTIONS
For directions from your specific location, click on the marker and select “Directions to.”
Sharingwood is about 10 minutes past Woodinville, northeast of Seattle, about 30 minutes from Microsoft or 40 min from Seattle with no traffic. If there is heavy traffic it may take up to another 20 minutes.
From Seattle or Bellevue
- Take Hwy 520 or I-90 to I-405 (north)
- Go NORTH on I-405 (EVERETT)
- Take EXIT 23 to HIGHWAY 522 EAST bound towards MONROE (stay on right side of exit).
- Move to middle lane of HIGHWAY 522 and continue. After the highway become single lane, go straight through the first stoplight at Paradise Lake Road (hwy 524) past Texaco/Chevron.
- At the second stoplight, turn RIGHT onto ECHO LAKE ROAD. This is a mile past the “mile 18” marker. There is a double yellow flashing sign just before this turn. This is half a mile past the “18 mile” marker.
- Stay on ECHO LAKE ROAD for 1.8 miles. Go past Echo Lake golf course, and past Rainbow Grocery General Store (on the left), and go about half a mile.
- Turn LEFT on LOST LAKE ROAD. There is yellow sign on the right-side before the turn, which you can see clearly at night. The actual turn is hard to see at night.
- Continue on LOST LAKE ROAD for 1.9 miles. The road takes a sharp 10 m.p.h. hair-pin curve becoming W. LOST LAKE ROAD for another half mile. You’ll see the lake to your right if it’s daytime.
- The main road turns sharply to the left just past a 15mph yellow sign. At this point, turn RIGHT onto EAST LOST LAKE ROAD (which has a DEAD-END sign clearly visible) and follow it to the end of the road – half a mile.
- You’ll hit a speed bump. Slow down there. In a few yards you will enter the Sharingwood Community. The common house is on your left when you get to the first Y in the road.