We are creating a new culture from the inside out in our quest to live in an authentic, non-violent, and sustainable way. We want to live in a world where people can be who they truly are without feeling shame or guilt. This means we hold transparency as an ideal and we have very strong processes to navigate conflicts. We are inclusive, we are sex-positive, we are social, we are environmentally conscious, we are serious, we are fun, we are committed, we are experimental.
This house is part of a larger community in Seattle known as Star Community, which is a loose knit group of houses where some houses are heavily involved and others less so. The community as a whole hosts a process called ZRGG Forum (coming from world renowned communities ZEGG and Tamera.org) monthly community potlucks, movie nights, board games, "strategy" meetings, study groups, fun social events, weekly house dinners and more. Our doors are always open to visitors (though we also have a few internal-only events).
We would love to have short term tenants who want to try it out but we are primarily looking for people who will be really committed to our community principles.
Currently, there is a room open in Ryan House, a large house in south Seattle, but we are connected to the other Star Community houses. Switching houses at a later time is always an option.
**View the Star Community website and Facebook page.**
- Our lease doesn’t allow pets or smoking on the property.
- There is a washer and dryer on-site.
- 1 room available now. 122 sq. ft. $567/mo.
- Utilities are $80/mo (on average).
- Security depoist is 1st month's rent + $150 for utilities. Fully refundable.
- Besides the room there is pelnty of space throughout the house as well as storage space.
The next step
If this seems like a good fit reply with a contact number and a good time to call. We would like to go over details and answer your questions before moving to the next step of having you over to visit the property and the roommates. We try and schedule visitors for a group dinner if possible but scheduleing doesn't always permit that.
We have some questions that we ask everyone, and you’re welcome to email us your answers or go over them when we talk:
- What kind of experience do you have living in community?
- What draws you to community living?
- What are your current housing needs, and what is your best guess for how long you’d like to live with us?
- How would you describe your financial stability?
- Do you have any allergies?
- What are you passionate about?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!